Astore

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

TALLADEGA UPDATE

TALLADEGA UPDATE
By Ginger Reeves

Saturday, 10/7/06, our team of 3 joined with another small team and we stormed the city of Talladega on one of its biggest weekends of the year:  Race Weekend.  This year was especially big since they were to have truck races Saturday, for the first time, and then the Nascar races Sunday.  I ask 3 questions of people when they tell me about an event (witnessing, or otherwise):  1. Did you have fun?  I love serving our God.  I love working with my husband in this battle.  I love meeting new people.  I love watching peoples faces as they "Get it".  2. Did you learn how to do it better next time?  We learned there is no such thing as too much prayer.  We learned we need more tracts.  We gave out approx. 300 Million Dollar Bills at one of the gates in about 15 minutes.  We learned we need to ask more people to go with us next time.  3. Was God glorified?  I believe HE was.  We were serving Him, sharing His word, and being examples before thousands.  My favorite part of the day was doing something my leaders taught me during EBC 14 (evangelism boot camp, when I went to LA in September):  As we were walking with a large crowd crossing the street I started talking a little louder than usual to Jamie, explaining how sin is anything from lieing to murder to theft and how God views it all as wicked, despite how we in this world may view it.  She instantly knew what I was doing and fell right into it.  A lady a few feet in front of us though did NOT like what we were doing, because she kept looking over her shoulder shooting daggers at me.  She never said anything, but it was obvious I had hit a nerve with her.   The day did not go quite as we had expected, but we know what needs to be done when we go back in April.

No comments: