Astore

Friday, September 02, 2005

EBC Update 2

EBC-7 2nd update

Thank you for those who have prayed for my flight plans.

My scheduled flight from Birmingham to Denver was scheduled to leave at 2:37pm. The 8:05 flight I was standing by for was over booked. However, after all the other passengers boarded, I was called to the desk and given a seat.

My scheduled Denver to Spokane flight will be leaving at 5:15pm Denver time. I was standing by for an 11:53am flight. It was also overbooked. I was called up to get a boarding pass minutes before boarding. Praise God.

I ask that you continue to pray I get the first available flight from Spokane to Seattle. It is important I get there in time for the 7pm meeting. So far God has opened the doors in impossible situations to bring me this far.

Evangelism in Denver

Between terminals, I stopped to get something to eat. Domino’s was the most appealing choice in the area I was stopped at. I talked to the cashier a little, and I left him with an Intelligence Test for the Thinking Person. It ask some tricky questions and one of them is How can a man who lied, stolen, murdered in his hear, committed adultery in his heart escape hell. It is second to last question, and the answers are on the backside of the quiz. What do you think the answer is?

I arrived at the terminal, plugged in my laptop to recharge the batteries. I also posted the last message. While my laptop was charging, and I was posting I began talking to a young man setting next to me. I had asked him how he was doing before I started posting, but it took him a few minutes to wake up (mentally zoned).

He shared with me he had just left boot camp. Actually, I had not asked how he was doing, I had asked if he was in the military. He had a brown envelope with his last name on it, just like one I had once upon a time. The lack of much hair, not balding like mine, but cut short.

I talked to him for around 15-30minutes. I probably do not have to mention that a quite voice began admonishing me. I finished my post, turned off the laptop so Icould focus on him. He is having problems with his knee and passing his physical fitness tests in the military.

I finally obey the voice, and ask him if I can ask him a couple of personal questions. He gave me permission so I asked a question to diagnose if he had assurance he was going to heaven. He was sure.


I then asked him a question to determine what he was trusting in for salvation. He was trusting in God’s love. Between the questions I had alreadys asked if I could share with how I knew I would go to heaven. He said okay so I was able to proceed into sharing the gospel with him.

He later said he was trusting in Jesus. I do use anecdotes to help him see the difference between trusting in Jesus and intellectual assent to the fact Jesus is the Son of God. He believes he is saved and since he did not try and argue a works based answer I had accept his word for it.

We talked for a little while. He asked me what about the 2 day old babies that die, do they go to heaven. He also talked about seeing people auras, having the ability to dream about future things. He says his powers are underdeveloped but he is considering finding a teacher to help him develop his natural abilities. The abilities we all have locked away.

I suggested that he read his bible. I suggested not looking into advancing his abilities. He said they where comingout with a new bible,a complete bible with all the missing books. I suggested he study the one he has thoroughly before checking out new ones.

It was very hard to try to find a non attacking way of saying, “you are playing into the devil’s hand”, “or these powers you seek will open you up to demonic attack.”

The important thins is I shared God truth and the gospel of Jesus Christ, which is really the only thing I can do. God has to open his eyes, and give understanding. Please pray for the young man. I will not post his name here, but God know who he is.

I am going to have to go, I am seating between two people. I have already said hello, but I have to attempt to share the gospel before landing. I do not want to bother them, but is it really bothering someone when you share the only way that they can avoid eternal punishment in a lake of fire where the worm does not dies, and the fire is not quenched. A place of gnashing teeth and utter darkness.

P.S. It is Hell not a Christless eternity, or eternal separation from God.

No comments: