Astore

Thursday, September 29, 2005

SideWalk Movie and Jazz Festval

Sidewalk Movie Fest

Hello Friends and Family,

Many of you are aware we went to the Sidewalk Movie Festival Sept. 24th in beautiful downtown Birmingham. I have been asked for an update by some of you and here it is.

The group consisted of Jim(friend from church) Richard and Misty (Friends from Jasper), Ginger, Walker, Matthew, James, and myself. Jim arrived shortly after we did, Richard and Misty had an early morning engagement and joined us around 11:00.

I want to praise God for sending these fellow sowers into the field. I also want to praise God for the Jazz Festival that occurred in the same area on the same day. We caught the film people between showing, but spent most of our time with the Jazz Festival Patrons.

We gave out between 100-140 tracts to people. I estimate that 30-50 of those tracts were given by my 8 year old Matthew. I did one open air at Lynn Park. Approximately 20 people heard the gospel during the open air.

We did numerous 1-2-1’s through out the 4 hour period we spent at the festival. Jim, Ginger, and Matthew made up the first team. Walker, James, and myself made up the second team. It was great passing out tracts and sharing the gospel with my kids. Almost every time I looked around Jim was talking to someone or a group of people. From Just what I saw Jim shared with 7 people and I believe that he shared with at least that many I did not see.

I use the term 1-2-1, but many times that day two-four others were involved. All together between Jim and myself we shared the gospel verbally with 30-40 people.

One of the new things we tried was doing a interview on camera. Jim approached a pedestrian and asked if he could interview him on spiritual matters. The guy okayed it and Richard filmed the exchange. I did the same with two others, one of them used to be one of my students from BellSouth. The problem is that background noise makes it hard to hear the exchange, Jim’s interview turned out the best but hard to hear everything.

The last thing we did was infiltrate a peace rally/anti-war rally/anti-Bush rally. On the way to the van we noticed a peace rally at the Civil Rights Park. I sent Ginger on to the van with Walker (headache), Jim (who needed to leave). Richard, Misty, Matthew, and I went to the peace rally to give out some tracts. I got a chance to share the gospel with a group of teenagers about 5 all together I think.

Results

While I saw a lot of conviction in peoples faces, no one made a profession of faith. In the crowded areas I do not ask for a profession anymore, I just recommend they repent and place their faith in Christ soon. I give them a pocket sized New Testament and ask them to read the first 10 Chapters of John. I learned this lesson in Seattle, even when they say they want to accept the gift of eternal life, people have a hard time praying when their friends are standing there or even worse hundreds of people are walking around us.

Upcoming Events

Madison is having a street festival. Madison is near Huntsville. Oct. 1st

Please pray that God prepare their hearts to understand God’s word.
Pray that God sends His Spirit before us and with us and that He speaks through us.
Pray that God lift up fellow sowers and harvesters.

Oct. 8th

Harvest Festival – Headland Alabama.
Small festival we are praying to see if this festival or the Mobile festival is the one we should go to. I would prefer Mobile because of the Guaranteed large number of people.

BayFest – Mobile

This popular Mobile festival expects 200,00 people to attend. Ginger and I will go down if God provides the resources needed.


Pray that God provide the resources and fellow laborers needed.
Specifically pray for Gas money, food money, entrance fees. It may be possible that we can stay for free with friends that live an hour away.

Entrance Fee – 35$ per person if we take the kids then $140.00
Gas – Depends on price but at least $100.00 to be on safe side
Food – at least $150.00 ( I am sure it will be more, but I will go if we reach this amount)
Tracts - $.10 each. 200 would cost $20.00
Pocket Bibles – $1.25 each. 10 given away would cost $12.50

Therefore, we need $290.00 not counting the cost of tracts or pocket-sized bibles we give away. We already have enough of those I purchased before.












No comments: